Queen Anne Boleyn and her family have gone down in history as ambitious social climbers who stopped at nothing to gain the King’s favour, and who paid the ultimate price. But the real Boleyns were very different. In this collection of articles, best-selling author and creator of The Anne Boleyn Files website, Claire Ridgway, banishes the myths and introduces the real Boleyns. Written in Claire’s easy-going style, but with an emphasis on good history and sound research, these articles are perfect reading for Tudor history lovers everywhere.
- The origins of the Boleyn family
- Anne Boleyn’s date of birth
- Did Anne Boleyn serve Margaret of Austria and Queen Claude of France?
- Anne Boleyn’s love life
- Anne Boleyn and James Butler
- Anne Boleyn and the accusation of witchcraft
- Anne Boleyn’s pregnancies and miscarriages
- Pregnancy and childbirth in Tudor times
- Anne and Elizabeth
- Anne Boleyn and the Tower of London
- Thomas and Elizabeth Boleyn, Earl and Countess of Wiltshire
- George Boleyn, Lord Rochford
- Jane Boleyn, Lady Rochford
- Mary Boleyn
- The Boleyns and Religion
- and much more…
The Anne Boleyn Collection II is fully referenced, with chapter notes and bibliography, and includes over 40 illustrations.